Present a compelling brand name for the Posh’s new tattoo mega-studio. The name should reflect the resort’s core values and inspire conversation.
Compliment the new name with a strong tagline using a snippet or phrase that underscores and supports your company name and brand message.
Primary Logo / Mark
Create a primary mark (logo) that can be used across various applications including marketing materials, signage, social media, and platforms.
When presenting logo concepts to a client, it is often productive to have written rationales to accompany each concept. This can help you, the designer, clarify your thoughts before getting the concepts in front of your client. The rationales will help your client to better understand from your team’s point-of-view.
Provide a written rationale to accompany your logo concept incorporating the following topics:
1. Symbolism: Clarify and identify the meanings behind the icons you chose to incorporate into the design. Go into as much detail as you feel necessary, the history, cultural relevance and so on.
2. Style: Why did you choose this style for the logo?
3. Typography: Explain why you chose the typefaces used in the logo. How do they relate to the rest of the design and the company it represents.
4. Relationship: How does the concept relate to the company’s personality, goals, vision, and values?
5. Color Theory: Explain the color choices. Why did you choose them? What does the color represent? How does the color choice relate to the new name?
The SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis identifies and describes the organization’s strengths and weaknesses and the opportunities and threats it faces to develop strategies for capitalizing on the strengths and opportunities and minimizing the weaknesses and threats.
Complete a SWOT analysis to help you analyze the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that currently exist for the new tattoo mega-studio. Consider the questions listed under each category from both an internal and external perspective.
Your team is required to conduct a competitive analysis of your new tattoo studio and one direct competitor. Your job in this assignment is to pick a Las Vegas tattoo shop that has significant competition for the same target market. You will be looking for an established shop that you think may still have growth potential through strategic planning, innovative marketing strategies and new market segments that would provide them continued growth opportunities for the next several years in a competitive environment.
- Select one competitor that you think is in the best position to capture additional market share with an aggressive marketing plan. Visit the website of this competitor you have selected for additional information.
- Identify any relevant market share data for the Las Vegas tattoo industry.
- List online and offline promotional approaches used such as websites, social media sites, sales promotions, events, sponsorships, advertising, and public relations that you feel add to the competitor’s attractiveness as part of your on-going situational awareness.
- Outline their strengths and weaknesses
- Formulate how you think they will respond to the opening of the new tattoo mega-studio.
Important Note: Your assignment is to collect information, summarize concisely and present it to your client (The Posh Hotel). Your purpose is not to make recommendations at this time. Your team’s recommendations will be outlined in your marketing plan and ad campaign.
Format: Limit papers to no more than four pages. Include a cover page for your analysis. (does not count as one of the four pages.)
Marketing Plan (Event)
“The Tactical & The Magical”
Your marketing plan and creative ad campaign will focus on an experimental marketing strategy to lure in consumers, celebrities and influencers to the grand opening event of the Posh’s new tattoo mega-studio on New Year’s Eve.
Develop and customize a strategic experiential marketing plan that communicates important brand messaging while interacting with your target consumers. Rooted in the event are three core objectives – Connect, Educate and Inspire – carefully craft a strategy
Part A – Key Messages and Brand
Identify your event branding (such as the theme and experiential activations) and the key messages you will use consistently across your marketing and advertising campaign. Essentially, messages are the basic ideas you want target audiences to remember as a result of the event, while themes are the overarching ideas that apply to all audiences. While your marketing plan and creative ad campaign may include several messages, you should focus on developing a single theme that encompasses these messages.
Part B – Communication Plan
Identify your primary and secondary attendees. Outline how, what, when and who will communicate with them. These attendees are likely to include local residents, visiting tourists, celebrities and influencers. Additionally, elaborate on how you can strengthen communication about the event between the brand and the consumers through the newly launched tattoo mega-studio website.
Part C – Media Plan & Budget
With a $200,000 budget and just four months to go until the grand opening on New Year’s Eve, decide which marketing tools you will use to promote your event (ticketing, word-of-mouth, social media, local radio, direct mail, etc.). Choose only the tools that will most effectively reach your target audience, taking into consideration your resources and budget. Outline your allocation of funds to each marketing activity without exceeding your budget. (example: $20,000 on direct-mail campaign).
Creative Ad Campaign
The Big Idea
Twizzlers is back for the big launch! As the primary sponsor for the grand opening event, create a powerful collaboration between Twizzlers and The Posh Hotel’s new tattoo mega-studio opening on New Year’s Eve. Using your favorite Twizzler flavor selected during registration, create a campaign theme that emphasizes the brand’s playful qualities.
Advertising Objective: The main objective of the ad campaign is to increase Twizzlers brand awareness with party goers at the New Year’s Eve grand opening.
Brand Position, Personality & Position: Research shown consumers enjoy Twizzlers not just for its flavor, but for the experience of chewing the candy.
Proposition / Selling Idea: Motivation for attendees to respond to the ad will be created by those patrons waiting in-line to get a new tattoo during the live event. We expect a significant wait time of up to 3 hours for those wanting a new tattoo during the grand opening.
Media Considerations: The ad campaign must reflect both a digital and print strategy.
- Storyboard your creative ad campaign using PowerPoint (Max 8 Slides)
- Outline the thinking behind your creative strategy (Max 2 page PDF)
We’re happy our experiences have been featured at these forward-thinking Universities
We’re building our own network for the future, with some great brand partners!